MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU.
Since the Pledge of Allegiance
and
The Lord's Prayer
are not allowed in most
public schools anymore
Because the word "God" is mentioned....
A kid in Arizona wrote the attached
NEW School prayer.
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen
Jesus said,
"If you are ashamed of me,
I will be ashamed of you before my Father."****************************
This is my response to the above poem…
“Beyond religion is spirituality.
Beyond spirituality is enlightenment.
Beyond enlightenment is goodness,
and beyond goodness is the door to all salvation.”
The most powerful of prayers are prayed with thankfulness first. All things are always possible to one who prays. For Faith is an incredible power. It prepares us for bigger things. And pray is never a matter of words but rather a thought of Love. I am a person who continues to find my higher self within me. I seek God within me and in doing so I am able to solve my problems. All I know is that when I pray, I bring personal power to my life.
I sent the above poem to my Dad and this is what he wrote back to me.
Maybe things are different elsewhere in the country, but here at my school kids can still pray. We have two active Christian groups on campus and many teachers and counselors meet with them. They meet at the flagpole for prayer each morning and ask God's blessing on our school and those who meet there.
My Muslim students just finished their month of Ramadan and I fasted one day with them, from sunup to sundown. I am grateful we do not have prayers in class or on the intercom as a whole school because that would be an infringement upon their religious liberty. We respect each other and worship as we choose; that's America!
The cute little verse you sent is interesting but it misses the point. When any one group dictates how a larger group worships, who decides how they do it? I know many people whose idea of Christianity is the way THEY worship, which is not the way I do. That is what freedom is: we each do it our own way, and respect other people who do it differently.
Maybe folks in small towns that all attend the same church feel threatened by the "other" people coming into our country, but they are still free to do what they want. Immigrants coming here and bringing their own cultural values and practices have added to what makes America strong: its diversity. I celebrate these people. I also celebrate that I can worship as I choose, without forcing those around me to worship that way, or having them force me to listen to them.
AMEN!

No comments:
Post a Comment