The little girl in the orange shirt is my Big Girl, Maurina.
Behind her, is her cousin, Amber.
In the back is my sister in law, Cassandra and my little neice, Aubrery.
This pic was taken at the local park.
I firmly believe that parents NEED to make time to talk to their children.
Need to tell them the truth about how they feel. Let them know that it’s ok to make mistakes, and how to learn from them.
That is what I have done with Maurina. As best I can anyways.
That is what I have done with Maurina. As best I can anyways.
I have tired to expose Mina to what I could in this life.
I’m proud to state to everyone that she knows how to plant and tend to her own garden. (proudest smile)
She so loves to learn new things. And it was all thanks to me taking the time needed to plant that very little seed. Thankfully, Mina took after my smart mind. LOL Especially in the area of music. I know it flows in her as it does me through my parents. I would play piano and taught her how to sing.
You know toys, sports, and friends will never take the place of parents just being there.
You know toys, sports, and friends will never take the place of parents just being there.
And going to school shouldn’t be the only source of happiness children have.
I did this poem for Mina and she has it posted in her room.
The Guardian Angel
"Fear me not," the angel said, visible to my sight.
I have not come to harm you,
but to watch you day and night.
My job was sent to you by God to keep you warm and safe.
There will be no angel except for me to give you love and grace.
I am here to lead you down that road,
and carry you through the roughs.
When it is time for you to go,
I'll carry your soul on up.
When there are days of darkness;
your feeling so insane;
let me take all the worry,
or when life may cause you pain.
When you are feeling scared or feeling alone,
I'll glow in the shadows;
I'll be tyhere for you to lean on.
When your walking through a room
and you feel a cold chill;
Fear it not;
For it is just me watching over you still.
So fear me not;
Your life is one God always knew.
I was senthere by our loving Father to watch over you."
The Guardian Angel
"Fear me not," the angel said, visible to my sight.
I have not come to harm you,
but to watch you day and night.
My job was sent to you by God to keep you warm and safe.
There will be no angel except for me to give you love and grace.
I am here to lead you down that road,
and carry you through the roughs.
When it is time for you to go,
I'll carry your soul on up.
When there are days of darkness;
your feeling so insane;
let me take all the worry,
or when life may cause you pain.
When you are feeling scared or feeling alone,
I'll glow in the shadows;
I'll be tyhere for you to lean on.
When your walking through a room
and you feel a cold chill;
Fear it not;
For it is just me watching over you still.
So fear me not;
Your life is one God always knew.
I was senthere by our loving Father to watch over you."
****
What an AWSOME pic huh!!! My daughter, Maurina poses with Auntie Cassy, Uncle Nathen, cousin Amber, baby Emma & Aubrey...but ummm... not sure as to who the other 2 kids are. Bad Aunti Em!!



1 comment:
If a family is divorced….forgive them.
If the family is divided… support them.
If a spouse is in darkness…mentally send that person light – lots and lots of light.
And by following that so called yellow brick road to light and love, the family can be there for each other, even if the moment is temporarily inconvenient.
Just by asking each day for a hug; saying, “I love you” in passing; just by saying “Don’t worry, it’s ok;” just by being there, a family stays healed. And everyone needs to remember the best doctors for a family are; Dr. Eat-Right, Dr. FeelGood, and Dr. Be-Still. They have the ability to heal families worldwide.
Families are all we have. Each person alive on this earth has roots. Each person picks a family for positive, definite lessons to learn.
I know that my family doesn’t see eye to eye with me, but I want them all to know I love them and pray for them every night. When we choose to hold on to bitterness, the future of the family’s togetherness becomes sacrificed. I have seen this with my own eyes with many of my past choices. Family members who hurt one another also have the ability to heal the heartache and forgive. I may not remember some of my poor choices, or maybe it’ I just don’t want to remember, but all I can do is ask my family for forgiveness in any and all hurt I may have caused. If I change my mind about the way I feel toward my family, I change the family. My attitude is my choice.
I will leave you with this.
Fill your heart with understanding and try VERY hard to help your family grow by supporting them in every way possible. Give to them plenty of compassion at every turn along with a very big hug.
Post a Comment